Jay S. Kogon, PT, DPT, ATC, GCS (Director, Lead Physical Therapist)
- Graduated University of Delaware, 1980, BSPE
- Graduated Beaver College, PA, 1984, MSPT
- Graduated Arcadia University, PA, 2010, DPT
- APTA Board Certified Geriatric Specialist
- Licensed Physical Therapist, State of Delaware
- Licensed Athletic Trainer, State of Delaware
- APTA Certified Exercise Expert for the Aging Adult
- Certified LSVT BIG Clinician
- Certified Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery Clinician
- Lab Instructor (Neuro Rehab), University of Delaware
- American Physical Therapy Association – member
- National Athletic Trainer Association – member
- Certified Exercise Expert for the Aging Adult
Specializing in Parkinson’s Disease Rehab
- Internship with the Philadelphia Eagles Football Club; Physical Therapist
- Gold Medal winner for the 1985 USA Maccabiah Mens Fastpitch Softball: World Champs
- 28 years outpatient care
- Wilmington Hospital Physical Therapy Program Manager: Home Care Physical Therapy.
- Local Community Involvement: club basketball coach for the BYC
- President of Albert Einstein School board
- President of Pike Creek Valley Running Club.
Susan (Coonin) Kogan, M.A.(Linguistics, Counseling) Ph.D. (Urban Affairs & Public Policy), (Clinical Therapist)
Susan’s career began as a faculty member at the University of Delaware. She served as Governor Tom Carper’s campaign manager and then liaison to the Department of Labor. After earning her Master’s in Counseling from Neuman University she completed a competitive internship at the A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children. She taught at The Tatnall School for many years. Susan is a past President of the Alpha Omega Nu chapter of Sigma Chi Iota, the International Honor Society of Professional Counselors.
Judith E. Roberson, M.A., CCCSP (Speech Language Pathologist)
Judy has worked within the Delaware area as a Speech/ Language Pathologist for over 40 years in serveral settings and with a varied clientele, including both pediatric and adult populations. Her professional experience began in the Wilmington Medical Center, then Delaware Curative Workshop as both clinician and administrator. Additional adult experience has included both home health care, nursing home, and private school settings. She is a graduate of Purdue University (BA) and Indiana University (MA). She served as a member of the Delaware State Licensure Board for Speech Pathologist, Audiologist, and Hearing Aid Dispensers. She was recognized by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation and Psi IOTA XI for “Outstanding Clinical Achievement in Human Communication Sciences and Disorders“.
Judy began her own private practice, Speech Therapeutics Inc, in the 1982 and continues to date. Recent adult certification includes the LSVT LOUD®, SPEAK OUT!® and LOUD Crowd® programs for Parkinson’s Disease and other neurological disorders. She has been awarded over 20 ACE awards for Continuing Education. Her passion for this type of therapy grows daily as she assists her clients to acquire improved communication skills.
Leann M. Barnett, BSPT (Physical Therapist)
Leann is a graduate of the University of Maryland, is a licensed physical therapist in the State of Delaware and certified as an LSVT/Loud clincian. She is also a guest lecturer at Wilmington University. She has experienced over 24 years of individual outpatient care and 8 years in Geriatric specialization. She was the Director of Physical Therapy with Concentra Medical Center. She is trained in manual physical therapy of the spine including McKenzie, Mulligan, Strain/Counterstrain, MFR I and II, Muscle Energy, and Paris techniques. She is a coach with ‘Girls on the Run’ and was a member of the University of Maryland Swim Team.
Michelle H. Kerzner, MSOTR/L (Occupational Therapist)
Michelle graduated from University of Virginia with a Bachelors of Arts degree in biology in 1996. She received her Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy from the Medical College of Virginia (Virginia Commonwealth University) in 1998.
Michelle was director of therapy for several nursing homes in the St. Louis region before moving to continue her career in the Wilmington area. Michelle has worked with adults across multiple settings, including outpatient rehabilitation, day treatment centers for stroke and neuro clients, home health, acute care hospitals, skilled rehabilitation units in nursing homes, long term care, and inpatient rehabilitation units. She is certified with the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists (NBCOT) as well as licensed in the state of Delaware.
Lindamarie Walck (Physical Therapy Aid)
- AFAA Group Exercise: Aerobics and Fitness Association of America, since February 12, 2011
- Nia White Belt: a sensory based movement practice with a body-centered approach to health, wellness and fitness, September 3, 2010
- Ageless Grace: based on everyday movements that are natural and organic, focus on the healthy longevity of the body and mind (http://agelessgrace.com/teachers.pdf – Virginia), January 23, 2011
- CPR/AED: Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillators Certified since 2010
- Fitness Dance Instructor, Current Classes; Fitness Dance Party!, Zumba, and Parkinsons Fitness Dance Instructor.
- In 2010, began Group Exercise Fitness Dance career choreographing and teaching very popular fitness dance classes to adults and children at the ACAC Fitness and Wellness Center, Richmond, VA.
- Special Events: Heart Walk 2011; Instructed hundreds of people in a warm up, from the stage at Innsbrook, Richmond outdoor stadium, to kick off this event.
- 2014: Sleep Under the Stars Carousel Park, Sleep Under the Stars Rockwood Park, and Banning Park Senior Picnic.
Chris Nordone DPT, MSPT (RockSteady Coach)
Chris is a graduate of Widner and Drexel Universities and is certified in Advance Pediatric Rehabilitation and LSVT/LOUD. She has been working as a physical Therapist for over 18 years. Motivated by her mothers Parkinson’s diagnosis she became certified as a RockSteady Boxing Coach and has been an integral part of the design of the NFT RockSteady program. She is an active outdoor enthusiast whose passions include hiking, biking, and canoeing.
Eric Roberson BSBA (RockSteady Coach)
Eric is a graduate of the University of Delaware, a retired from E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co. and MBNA, and is a 30 year veteran. He is an exercise enthusiast who has run over 45,000 miles and been a devotee of Taiji for over 8 years. Eric was motivated to become RockSteady certified when his wife was diagnosed with PD several years ago.
Aaron Kogan (RockSteady Coach)
Aaron will be completing his B.S in Exercise Physiology at West Chester University in the spring of 2017.